Here's a top I made for myself using vintage fabric and a pattern from the 60s. I was intrigued by the collar/placket combo on this one, curious how it would look in real life. This is actually test #2 after making a quick muslin and adjusting the fit. Not wanting to make a dress, I gave it a curved hem, slightly longer in the back. I'm really happy with the shape and fit, but if I make this again I'll probably slim up the sleeves near the cuffs. I think a lighter colored fabric would be better for showing off the details of this top... You can't really see it here but the lower edge of the placket is curved like the cuffs. Also, believe it or not, I added 1 1/2 inches to the sleeve length, and they're still a tad short! oh, arms.